APPLYING FOR THE BAYWATCH PROJECT
2) Email the Baywatch Project (email@example.com) with your filled in and signed application form and don't forget to add your CV, letter of motivation, and a picture of yourself.
3) You will receive confirmation of your registration via email and will be asked to transfer your £200 non-refundable deposit into the Baywatch Project bank account.
4) Once your payment details have been verified, we will email you a Baywatch Project cover note. Along with your passport and proof of a return flight this will allow you to volunteer in South Africa for 90 days (which can be extended). Alternatively a volunteer visa can be applied for, allowing you three years.
5) At this stage you should start booking your flights, arranging your travel insurance, and get any up to date vaccinations you may require.
6) We will keep in touch through email. This way we will stay up to date regarding you flight details and other information and you can ask any further questions you might have.
7) Upon your arrival into Port Elizabeth we will meet you and transport you to the volunteer house.
8) We will help arrange a South African sim card for you to keep in contact with us whilst in South Africa.
9) We will do everything we can to make your experience in South Africa unforgettable.
The Baywatch Project respects your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us on our website or by any other means. Any personal information you provide to the Baywatch Project will be known only to two parties- yourself and The Baywatch Project. Personal information means anything about yourself; your name, street and email addresses, employment history, and any other stuff you may provide to the Baywatch Project when registering or sending us an email.
We will keep your email messages on file together with your address and our responses so we can keep a record of our correspondence and the kinds of people that are interested in the Baywatch Project. The Baywatch Project uses information about you to make sure you receive a suitable and efficient service.
We reserve the right to revise this policy at our discretion. Please check back on this site as this policy may be revised from time to time without notice to you.
THE BAYWATCH PROJECT REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Once a volunteer is accepted onto the Baywatch Project, the £200 deposit is non-refundable. In the event of a volunteer cancelling their participation prior to their orientation at The Baywatch Project a maximum refund will be made, excepting the non-refundable deposit and any pre-paid elements such as insurance and other third party costs. These are not recoverable once paid by The Baywatch Project on behalf of the volunteer. If, for any reason, participation is cancelled at any time during or after the inclusion of the orientation period, no refund will be given. Cancellation must be confirmed to The Baywatch Project in writing.
Volunteers must inform the Baywatch Project of all medical conditions, hereditary problems or dietary requirements existing or arising in the months prior to arrival at the house, whether or not they believe it will affect participation on the Baywatch Project. The Baywatch Project reserves the right to contact a volunteer's doctor or medical advisor if so required.
The Baywatch Project is not responsible for cancellation, curtailment or injury arising as a consequence of acts of God, natural disasters, extreme weather conditions, computer or systems failure, acts of war- declared or otherwise, or civil unrest. The Baywatch Project is not liable for refunds for loss or costs incurred following actions based on advice from a national government or similar body to prematurely end or cancel a project.
The Baywatch Project is not responsible for any illness or injury sustained during, or resulting from participation on The Baywatch Project, subject to The Baywatch Project undertaking reasonable precautions and applying the relevant independent codes of practice.
The Baywatch Project reserves the right to reject any application without appeal. The Baywatch Project reserves the right to remove anyone from the project, if the staff or external advisors believe they will disrupt the smooth running of the project, or if their actions endanger themselves or other participants. In such a case, no refund will be made and no additional costs (such as travel from the project) will be payable by The Baywatch Project.
Volunteers must advise The Baywatch Project in writing of travel plans regarding arrival and departure from the country. The Baywatch Project holds no responsibility for flight arrangements and is not liable from any supplementary costs, loss or distress encountered with any travel arrangements made relating to The Baywatch Project.
Volunteers are responsible for organising their own travel to and from the country and for insurance against personal loss or injury or repatriation. The Baywatch Project does not provide insurance cover for personal items and is not liable for the loss, wear and tear, or damage to personal items.
The volunteering period will run for the specific period agreed between the volunteer and The Baywatch Project. The Baywatch Project is not liable for the additional costs of accommodation, food, medical insurance etc. that will be incurred if the volunteer chooses to arrive in the country before the start of the project phase, or remain in the country after the official end date of that phase. In the event of a volunteer choosing to leave the project at any time, or if the staff have instructed the volunteer to leave, The Baywatch Project is released of responsibility for the welfare of that individual.